Sherif Mohamed Helmy, Ph.D.
Professor of Concrete structures
President of Egyptian Russian University
· Prof. Helmy graduated from Faculty of Engineering, Cairo University in 1963 with honors. He obtained his
Ph.D. from Reinforced concrete, Scientific Research institute of concrete & reinforced concrete Moscow,
Russia in 1969.
· Experience Summary: Extensive experience in university teaching and civil engineering design and
consulting. Supervised several postgraduate candidates for master and Ph.D. Degrees.Civil engineering work
which included soil boring and well drilling. Injected cement mortar through boreholes into dams and other
structures for the purpose of their strengthening. Designed and supervised the construction of several tall
buildings, factories and bridges. Familiar with local and national regulations.
· ـ Honored Professor of Izhevsk State Technical University.
· ـ Honor from Russian center for scientific and culture co-operation of ministry of foreign affair for
contribution to friendship.
· ـ Grant: Medal the first cosmonaut of earth - Yuri Gararin, from Russian federation of cosmonautics for
contribution in the sphere of cosmonautics.
· ـ Certificate of Honor from Scientific Council of Russian University for Friendship of peoples for big
contribution to develop co-operation with Helwan university
· University President in Egyptian Russian University from 2006 to now
· Professor of Concrete structures in Helwan University, Faculty of engineering at Matareya, Cairo, Egypt
from 1988 to now
· Cultural counsel & director of cultural office in Egyptian Embassy, Moscow, Russia from 1999 to 2001
· Dean in Helwan University, Faculty of engineering at Matareya, Cairo, Egypt from 1997 to 1999
· Head of Civil engineering Department in Helwan University, Faculty of engineering at Matareya, Cairo,
Egypt from1988to 1997
· Associate Prof in Helwan University, Faculty of engineering at Matareya, Cairo, Egypt from 1980 to 1988
· Associate Professor in Cairo University, Faculty of engineering, Cairo, Egypt from 1975 to 1978
· Assistant Professor in Cairo University, Faculty of engineering, Cairo, Egypt from 1970 to 1975
· Associate Professor in Al-Fateh University, Faculty of Engineering, Tripoli, Libya from 1973 to 1979