Copyright 2015 © All Rights Reserved.
Magdy Abd El-Hameed Ahmed
Professor of Building Physics
Building Physics Institute,
Housing & Building National Research
· Prof. Magdy Helal graduated from Faculty of science, Cairo University in 1978, He obtained his M.Sc. from Cairo
University in 1990 and his Ph.D. from Physics Dept., Ain Shames University, in 1996. Upon graduation, he has joined
BPI, HBRC and was promoted in different positions and he is currently Professor.
· Main Discipline: Building physics, Thermal and moisture insulation, Heat transfer, Thermal energy and performance of
building, Environmental Studies, Building solar energy utilization, Bio-climatic studies, Thermal treatment of concrete.
· Member of Scientific Syndicate, Egypt.
· Member of Arab Institute of Operation & Maintenance OMAINTEC, www.omaintec.org.
· He have more than 31 papers in international journals such as Construction and Building Materials and attended to
more than 42 international conference .
· Member of a variety of Code Committees
· Prof. Helal is the Principal Investigator and team member for a lot of national projects
· Conference General Secretary, Member of Organizing committee, and Member of Scientific committee, in different
· Supervised and refereed many Ph.D. and M.Sc. theses.